SD Card Error- Da Vinci Jr 1.0 Pro

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

SD Card Error- Da Vinci Jr 1.0 Pro

Postby dagamon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 am

After I updated my Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro to firmware 1.0.2, I am getting SD card errors. The prints will start and run for an hour or so, and then they will stop and give an SD card error. I have to turn the machine off and back on again, at which time it asks if I want to resume the print. When I say yes, the axes home.

Anyone else run into this or have a fix? The firmware has screwed up a machine that used to work well.
Last edited by dagamon on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagamon
New Arrival

Re: SD Card Error

Postby dpowellmeii » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm having the same issue along with a couple others with the new firmware.
dpowellmeii
New Arrival

Postby NickVDS » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:17 am

I had the same issue this morning. I've not been able to make a complete print after update to v1.0.2 :(
NickVDS
New Arrival

Postby dagamon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:18 am

Has anyone figured out a work-around? Possibly a way to roll back the printer to firmware v 1.0.0? I've reached out to XYZ, but so far, nothing.
dagamon
New Arrival

Postby dpowellmeii » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 pm

I put in a support ticket a couple days ago but haven't heard anything. I suggest you all do the same, the more we hound them, the quicker we'll get a response.

I started a thread over at soliforum, seems to be more activity over there and I've had problems with xyzforums.

http://www.soliforum.com/post/138910/#p138910

I'm having a problem with my Da Vinci Jr 1.0 Pro. Every since the 1.0.2 firmware update my printer is useless. I've had it stop in the middle of a print and pop up a message saying unfinished print detected and asked if I want to continue. After selecting yes it will print for a few minutes and then stop and say SD card error.

I had it stop one time saying filament jam, I clicked on load filament and it fed just fine so there wasn't actually a jam.

I also randomly get an SD card error with the original SD card that came with it and never had this before the firmware update.

I've owned this printer three months and never had a single issue until this firmware update. I believe my previous firmware was 1.0.0 and I want to revert to that one as soon as possible.

Anyone know how I can revert to the previous firmware?
dpowellmeii
New Arrival

Postby dpowellmeii » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:20 pm

dagamon wrote:Has anyone figured out a work-around? Possibly a way to roll back the printer to firmware v 1.0.0? I've reached out to XYZ, but so far, nothing.

May I suggest you edit the subject of the thread and add da vinci jr. 1.0 pro in the title.
dpowellmeii
New Arrival

Postby dpowellmeii » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:23 pm

I would also post on their facebook page and send them a message there.

https://www.facebook.com/XYZprinting/
dpowellmeii
New Arrival

Postby NickVDS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 am

Raising a ticket on the support page was the first thing I did. No answer yet.
NickVDS
New Arrival

Postby dagamon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:10 am

This is really frustrating, because before the firmware update, this thing was solid. It had normal 3d printer issues, but I would slice something in Cura, and few hours later, I would have an object. I was going around telling people how great it was. Now, I can print only tiny things.

Hopefully they can fix this soon.
dagamon
New Arrival

Re: SD Card Error- Da Vinci Jr 1.0 Pro

Postby NickVDS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

Today I got a reaction of XYZ support where they asked me to uninstall the XYZware Pro software and reïnstall the previous version (V1.1.16.3).
After doing so, I loaded my STL model and send it to the printer. After 1h20min I was happy to have an complete print. No errors reported. Firmware is still at 1.0.2.
Time will tell if everything keeps working fine as before. For now I'm happy.
NickVDS
New Arrival

Next

Return to da Vinci Series