Davinci 1.0 Pro - Snapped Filament

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Davinci 1.0 Pro - Snapped Filament

Postby Ethan » Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 pm

I don't know if this applies to other models, but I have a Davinci 1.0 Pro and the filament snaps a lot. in this case, unless the printer detects it, which it should, stop it printing as soon as possible to avoid damage from the feeder. from there, disconnect the filament tube from both ends and pull out the filament from the feeder end, cut off the filament with scissors as close to the extruder input as possible, dispose of the unwanted filament, clear out the filament tube in case any small pieces broke off, you can clear it easily by pushing an undamaged piece of filament through the tube. Re-attach the tube on both ends, making sure to keep it around the filament on the extruder, and load filament from the reel or open source back into the feeder, make sure the feeder is gripped and select the 'Load Filament' option, it may take multiple tries to completely load but it should eventually work, if you notice any chugging or banging sound, stop the process immediately as this means the feeder wheels are making contact

If you have anything to add, please tell me, as I want to help other users with similar problems
Ethan
New Arrival

Re: Davinci 1.0 Pro - Snapped Filament

Postby theGleep » Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 am

I am not having this issue at all.

What filament are you using? Have you checked the feed path to make sure there's nothing binding it up?
My experience is all DaVinci Jr. Pro. 1.0
theGleep
Apprentice

Re: Davinci 1.0 Pro - Snapped Filament

Postby DrC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Haven't seen this myself but do please say what filament you were using for the benefit of us other users.

To avoid feed problems will the 3rd party reel fit in the same pocket the XYZ cassette fits in? Might it even fit into an XYZ cassette?
DrC
Apprentice

Return to da Vinci Series