New daVinci Jr 1.0A Pro won't print or unload

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

New daVinci Jr 1.0A Pro won't print or unload

Postby Waynemc » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:55 pm

I am a newbe to 3D printing. I just started using my daVinci Jr 1.0A Pro a couple of days ago. I printed some of my own STL files OK using XYZPrint. When I tried to print directly from Cura using one of the same files, the printer wouldn't print. I switched back to XYZPrint and now it won't print either. I performed the simple nozzle-cleaning with no improvement. I then tried to do the more involved cleaning. I unloaded then tried to extract the guide tube from the print head module. The instructions say to push down on the spring around the feed tube. I pushed with fingers from both hands and it won't budge. The tube will not come out of the module. Any suggestions?
Waynemc
New Arrival

Re: New daVinci Jr 1.0A Pro won't print or unload

Postby Waynemc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:50 am

Update. Now the extruder doesn't heat up for an unload. It gives no "issue" messages, just won't heat up.
waymemc
Waynemc
New Arrival

Postby Waynemc » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:06 pm

How do I remove the extruder module from the printer. I do not see any tabs or buttons to release it. Do I just pull it straight off toward the front of the printer? I don't want to break it, of course.
Wayne
Waynemc
New Arrival

Postby Waynemc » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Using videos and a PDF file, I was able to remove the extruder, disassemble it and clean it. I had to c ut the guide tube just above the extruder, because the tube could not be removed. On disassembling the extruder, I found a mass of melted filament around the bottom of the extruder. Using a suggestion from another posting on a similar subject, I applied acetone to the mass using a cotton swab. After a few moments it had softened enough that I could peel it off the extruder in small chunks. The other posting warned to take care to not damage the wires, so I did. Problem solved. It is now almost midnight, so I will try it out tomorrow morning.
Wayne

:D
Waynemc
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series