da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby Locky » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:06 pm

not sure if its the latest firmware update that's the cause but it did work fine in the past on previews versions, but no matter what i do i can not get auto calibrate to work, 90% of the time it comes back fail straight off the first plate the other 10% it touches all four corners then fails, have cleaned all for plates and metal tip multiple times with no luck. have tried contacting support but keep getting the message 'unexpected error' when ever I hit submit, not that it really matters i guess as support has never been helpful in the past.
Locky
New Arrival
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby touliloup » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:53 am

Try to make all part return to home position manually before starting calibration. Might help.
touliloup
New Arrival
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:38 am

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby boovya » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:07 am

so I just bought a pro and I literally spent all weekend trying to get the calibration to stop failing. I finally had some luck. first and foremost most times the reason it fails is that the touch probe doesn't come in contact with the four corner brackets. my pro didn't come in contact with the front brackets because the extruder carriers were not parallel. the right carrier couldn't travel as far as the left one. the left one can come in contact with the white belt roller but the right one could not. with this being said, I adjusted the carrier location on the belt and then adjusted the belt tension and voila the carriers were parallel again. this allowed the probe to be able to travel further. thus allowed it to make contact with the brackets.

start there...find out why it isn't coming in contact with the brackets first.
boovya
New Arrival
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:03 am

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby joselcollin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:13 am

If you wish everything am fond of it is a reception, then what’s the purpose of going anywhere?
Keep Associate in Nursing open mind to learning and experiencing new things once you travel abroad, that has attempting new foods which may tell you tons a few cultures – and don’t be afraid to eat the road food!
We travel abroad to expertise totally different cultures, environments, and ways in which of thinking. thus don’t shut yourself off to experiencing all a rustic needs to supply. Samui tours
If you travel with Associate in Nursing open mind you'll have a way a lot of enriching expertise.
joselcollin
New Arrival
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 am

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby melodictweet » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Locky wrote:not sure if its the latest firmware update that's the cause but it did work fine in the past on previews versions, but no matter what i do i can not get auto calibrate to work, 90% of the time it comes back fail straight off the first plate the other 10% the impossible quiz it touches all four corners then fails, have cleaned all for plates and metal tip multiple times with no luck.

have tried contacting support but keep getting the message 'unexpected error' when ever I hit submit, not that it really matters i guess as support has never been helpful in the past.


start there...find out why it isn't coming in contact with the brackets first.
melodictweet
New Arrival
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby chivikoko » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 am

I bought the xyz da vinci pro 1.0 weeks ago.
friv - geometry dash
chivikoko
New Arrival
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 am

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby jsnake711 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Maybe home the W axis?
jsnake711
Apprentice
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby dbourne » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Have a look at the xyz tutorial videos. They help.
dbourne
Apprentice
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby longcamel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:52 pm

I'd like to see this, do you have any pictures?

unblockedgames6
longcamel
New Arrival
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:50 pm

Re: da vinci 1 pro calibration fail

Postby MVM2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am

I've had a couple experiences with this.
First issue occurred after changing back to the printing nozzle after using the laser nozzle. The calibration told me 9.7 steps on all three screws. I knew that was nonsense, so I wiggled the nozzle a bit and it dropped into the correct place. My bad, but shows if it seems crazy, there's usually a reason.
The second was the typical issue of the pin being dirty.
If you notice, there's a wire (presumably ground) in both plate straps. The head I suppose knows when it completes a circuit by toughing the calibration pad. Crud on either the pad or the pin will cause the circuit not to be completed. Little brushing with the brass brush solved that.
Incidentally, those brass brushed are available at Harbor Freight for $0.98.
MVM2
New Arrival
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 am


Return to da Vinci Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron