Cura

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Cura

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Can anyone help me with this one? I have just purchased a Da Vinci Jr.1.0. Pro. Is it possible to use the Ultimaker Cura software program to generate files to be used on the above printer. It doesn't mention the Da Vinci in its list of printers and I have no idea how to add it.
Chris
New Arrival

Re: Cura

Postby Jetlink05 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Yes, I use it all the time with mine. I’ll send you the settings I have for mine when I make it back to the house this evening.

Might I suggest you change the title of your thread to include the name of the printer so others can find this information.
Jetlink05
New Arrival

Re: Cura XYZ Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro

Postby Jetlink05 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Here are the printer settings that I use for Cura. When I started with Cura 2.6.2 the G-code flavor selection was RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter) and as Cura got updated it changed my setting to Marlin. I changed it back to RepRap and got an issue where at the end of a print when the Z axis was retracting it would extrude a bunch of filament really fast, so I switched back to Marlin. I'm guessing this has something to do with the start/end g-code but I haven't learned all of that yet.

X, Y, Z, all 150mm
Rectangular build plate
Don't check either of the boxes
G-code flavor, Marlin
1.75mm material diameter
0.4mm nozzle

I've been trying to get a picture uploaded but it keeps saying the file is too large even though I've reduced it.

As far as actual print settings go, I basically used exactly what was in XYZware and put those settings in Cura to start with.
Attachments
IMG_9187.JPG
IMG_9187.JPG (120.46 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
Jetlink05
New Arrival

Postby Mardoqueo Harrington » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 am

Hi thanks for that walk through. I have question, do you print directly from cura? I can not get it to find the Pro Jr.
Mardoqueo Harrington
New Arrival

Postby jason jason » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm

You cannot print directly from cura. You must save the gcode and send it by importing it in pro xyzware. It is an extra step but I believe the software will complain when sent a bad print. Better to not waste the filament if it will not work well
jason jason
Apprentice

Postby theGleep » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 am

My Jr. Pro 1.0 has read .gcode files without a problem. I just haven't used other slicers because I wasn't sure what settings were best to use.
My experience is all DaVinci Jr. Pro. 1.0
theGleep
Apprentice

Postby Fdonat » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:29 am

hi, is it necessary to add any start/eng g-code to work it out?
should i copy your screenshot?
Fdonat
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series