Print Jobs Won't Stick to Printer Bed

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Print Jobs Won't Stick to Printer Bed

Postby CT » Mon May 28, 2018 6:42 am

I am having problems getting print jobs to stick to the print bed once the filament comes out of the extruder. The filament just balls up on the extruder. Customer support suggested adjusting the Z-setting (see the video at
https://www.youtube.com/embed/yIi5E6uI7 ... ng_pref=en), but that adjustment isn't working. Why won't the filament stick to the print bed? This problem is very frustrating.
CT
New Arrival

Re: Print Jobs Won't Stick to Printer Bed

Postby valguerra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:31 pm

I use the green heat resistan tape and glue. Work fine
valguerra
New Arrival

Postby DrC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 am

Which model?

I have sorted both adhesion and to a large extent warping on the AIO, but I'm still struggling with the 1.0 Pro.
DrC
Apprentice

Postby Lalit » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

Having the same problem here. Any tip out there?
Lalit
New Arrival

Postby SindyB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:45 am

Hi

This might sound really silly and very typical. But I use hairspray and works like a charm.
SindyB
New Arrival

Postby jsnake711 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 pm

I use 4"making tape, and what about trying spray adhesive?
jsnake711
Apprentice

Postby allakerja » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:48 pm

I had a problem with corners coming up and some bits not sticking. The bed plate was to cold, the room was about 20c. I placed a red heat lamp about 15 inches away, pointing at the bed. Wait till the bed gets to 25c - 30c before printing. Also use Pritt glue stick on bed.
allakerja
New Arrival

Postby jsnake711 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:23 pm

What about setting z offset, it the extruder should be 2 layers of masking tape from the bed. Or a business card , Also I print with my bed set at 72*c ands they stick fine. It sounds like your nozzle is too far from the bed. Check Z offest.
jsnake711
Apprentice

Postby dbourne » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Adjusting the Z-setting as CT mentioned, helped for one job at least.

I tried printing the filament holder from Thingverse.com. It consists on two fairly long, relatively thin base pieces (L shape) and each time it curled up at the ends. Looks like the third try emptied the cartridge that came with the printer ;-)

I tried grey masking tape but that didn't help. Didn't get to try spray adhesive. I was going to try blue masking tape but ran our of filament.

valguerra: what brand is the blue heat resistant tape. Maybe something like https://www.amazon.com/UKCOCO-Painters- ... sking+tape $15.99. Almost as much as the xyz tape...

DrC: what adhesive do you use?

jsnake711: the default bed temperature seems to be 92 °C. Maybe cooler is better? I'll try that when I get some more filament. The nozzle too close to the bed can be problem too. The thickness of two pieces of paper seemed about right.

The model not sticking to the bed is my 'current' problem.
dbourne
New Arrival

Postby jsnake711 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Try a hotter extruder temp. I got some new white filamentthat wouldn't stick, and had to raise the temp from 215*to 230*now it'd sticks ands Prints good. Also from what I read 70*is the sweet spot for the bed.

I use 2" scotch making tape from home depot.
jsnake711
Apprentice

Next

Return to da Vinci Series