imperfect circles

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

imperfect circles

Postby Cason123 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:01 pm

I have been using your Da Vinci 1.0 Pro for the past 6 months and I have run into some issues. Like circles that should have a circle shape but do not have them. They have two pointy edges that are clearly noticeable. What can I do about this and, if I need to send my printer back to you the manufacturer, who do I send it to.
Cason123
New Arrival

Re: imperfect circles

Postby DrC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 am

I was getting ellipses after a software crash - the extruder hit something and one of the side feed belts slipped a notch. The x-axis and y-axis were no longer perpendicular. Carefully applied brute force slipped the two side belts back into sync.
DrC
Apprentice

Re: imperfect circles

Postby Marcella Jean » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 am

DrC is right, the X Y axis is off, this can generally be corrected by recalibration, in some cases you have to set the offsets for the X Y in the control panel.

If your X Y axis settings are correct, check your model in XYZ Print or Maker and make sure the slicing software hasn't adjusted your measurements. I've had that happen before with some of my projects where X= 10 and Y =12 when both should be 10. Slicer software is all different and for whatever reason some change the values of your measurements.

Jake Jr.
Engineer
MJJ Magic Mfg.
Marcella Jean
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series