Using a 1.0 glass bed on the Pro

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Using a 1.0 glass bed on the Pro

Postby DrC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 pm

I have read that the glass bed fitted on the 1.0 is mechanically and electrically compatible with the aluminium bed fitted to the Pro.

Is this correct?

My Pro is not as good as my AIO at getting models to stick while they are being built and unstick when they are finished. so I would like to try a 1.0 glass bed on the Pro.

Has anybody done this with current parts? Any issues?
DrC
Apprentice

Re: Using a 1.0 glass bed on the Pro

Postby DrC » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Has anybody tole XYZ that an unattended forum is worse than useless? They need somebody with some expertise to visit daily to a) help their customers and b) find out what they are doing wrong.

For users with my problem - here's my solution. I screwed the bed down an extra 3mm and put a piece of glass on the aluminium bed. I have 3D printed clips to locate the glass plate which I tape down at the front edge.

Early results are promising - hopefully it will be as reliable as my AIO with the added advantage that I have a few glass sheets so parts can cool elsewhere while I get on printing another. The plates are easier to clean away from the printer too. I might well end up with different plates for different types of print, with different thicknesses of adhesive.

If you like the idea you might wnat to abandon the auto-levelling since the extra 3mm above the reference points will cause a crash. I level using a piece of tape between the nozzle and the bed above each adjusting screw. It's faster & simpler.
DrC
Apprentice

Return to da Vinci Series