PETG Filament chip

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

PETG Filament chip

Postby Mechrover » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 am

I ordered a roll of the PETG filament for my da Vinci 1.0 Pro printer. I have an empty ABS cartridge so I loaded the PETG filament into that cartridge but the chip that came with the PETG does not fit the ABS cartridge. Can I get a chip that will fit the ABS Cartridge or does the PETG have a different cartridge that I can get. Meanwhile I put the PETG in the ABS cartridge it loaded but the ABS chip is registering that the filament is too low. Help please!
Mechrover
New Arrival

Re: PETG Filament chip

Postby 4spacecowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Hey there, I got the 1.0 Pro recently and ordered XYZ PETG as well from website. I got the refills and they had the large chips too. So, I've been searching everywhere for someone talking about it and finding nothing. I don't know if they intended for us to put on external stand and feed it in, or load in cartridge without this chip that may belong to some other xyz printer, or... they just straight up sent us both the wrong refills. I checked my order, the website for compatibility again, and says it works with it. They boxes I have say for use with da vinci jr/mini/super series 3d printer. It does not say pro series. I'm gonna call in morning and ask what's up and their intent. Their fax page and troubleshooting has nothing about their PETG filament. There were no instructions in mine as well like the PLA. I've yet to get a new order of ABS.

Did you figure anything out yet?
4spacecowboy
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series