Brand new Nobel 1.0a... still no successful print

Post any question about Nobel Series printer here.

Brand new Nobel 1.0a... still no successful print

Postby echorley » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Argh! So there I was, super excited to hear the delivery guy beeping outside to deliver my brand new Nobel 1.0a resin 3D printer... awesome!

Nope, not so awesome...

Unboxed and set up the printer following the instructions to the letter, still super excited went ahead with my first test print. 30 minutes... not so bad... sat there waiting and watching it almost the entire time, eyes bright with excitement.

30 minutes later... ummmm... there was zip all on the platform other than globs of resin slowly dropping back into the tank and in the resin tank itself my print was kinda there, etched to the base of the damn tank!

Did as much research as I could on what I was supposed to do next and ended up emptying the tank, carefully scraping off the cured god knows what from the base of the tank, cleaned the platform with rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth and set back up to re-calibrate and try again.

Not once, not twice but three more times... each time resulting in a fail.

I have been struggling all evening trying to find even half decent troubleshooting info about what might be going on but there seems to be a black hole somewhere, surely I can't be soooo unlucky that I'm the only one this has happened to?

Ive contacted XYZ but haven't got a clue how long it will take before I get a reply from them and to be quite honest I'm just so desperate to play with my new toy I don't want to wait.

Please please pretty please with a cherry on top can anyone reading this offer a helpful suggestion?
echorley
New Arrival

Re: Brand new Nobel 1.0a... still no successful print

Postby jason jason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Dang dude, no one ever replied. Did you ever get it working? How did you do it?
jason jason
Apprentice

Postby Herb » Mon May 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Can you share a link to the model that is giving you problems? What kind of resin are you using?

I've had one model that I simply can't get to print: the Seattle Space Needle (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:567695). This was with clear resin. I've heard from another user who had no problems printing this using blue resin. I'd be interested in anyone else who has had success or failure printing this model.
Herb
Apprentice

Postby Davecac » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:30 am

For what it's worth, I have an identical story. I just got mine yesterday (6/19/18) and had exactly the same thing happen. I'm using the standard resin that came with the printer. I followed all the steps from calibration to resin loading and all I got was a disk of s*** stuck to the resin tray.
Davecac
New Arrival

Postby Herb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Can you let us know what model you tried to print? As I noted in an earlier reply, I had one model that would not print, but most models printed fine. It would be very helpful to understand whether there is a common characteristic of models that fail to print.
Herb
Apprentice

Postby Dan Mitzimberg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 pm

I had a little issue with my machine after I printed the demos on that show when you first open the software. They printed perfect, then nothing right for a few.
The support team at XYZ is great, I followed his instructions and I am printing and learning, next I want to be creating the models. The ball took almost 7+ hours.The cup only took 3+ hours and has great designs on the side.

Here is what I learned (basically) When you load an image into the software (do not add supports) after you have resized or whatever - export it to the printer. Click EXPORT (rename it) when it is done slicing It will reload into your computer software as a .3ws file. to print. When I started to do this it has printing everything.

Good Luck
Dan
Dan Mitzimberg
New Arrival

Postby Herb » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Dan,

It's great to hear that things are working well for you.

Are you using the clear resin? If so, I'd be interested to hear whether you can successfully print the Seattle Space Needle (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:567695). I have had no luck printing this despite multiple attempts. I do know someone who was able to print this using blue resin.
Herb
Apprentice

Return to Nobel Series