How do you remove stuck prints?

Post any question about Nobel Series printer here.

How do you remove stuck prints?

Postby higginsdj » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:51 pm

So I've had 90% success rate with prints on the Noble 1a (Clear resin - its all that is available in Australia). Only 2 failures due to not sticking to supports (now using dense + mid contact for reliability). But now have started printing items with large surface contact area and found these are 'impossible' to remove from the build plate. Had to resort to using a hammer on the scraper to 'chip' the prints off. I know people have been complaining about getting prints to stick but my issue seems to be the opposite - they stick too well (temporarily got around the issue by printing using lift and high density supports - not ideal since I have to sane the slight curve on the bottom surface but at least the prints come off the plate!)

What's best practise for removing stubborn prints?

Cheers

David
higginsdj
New Arrival

Re: How do you remove stuck prints?

Postby jason jason » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:52 pm

You can pop the build plate in the fridge if it's removable. Otherwise there is a double edge razor holder on thingiverse for those really thin double edge razors. Also, if you have floss and can get is started under an edge, sometimes that works. If you wrap it both ends on a stick, you can rock your hand back and forth causing the floss to move in a saw like motion, and apply a bit a bit of force with the other hand.
These methods work for fdm, but I am not sure how well it will work for the Nobel. I didn't see anyone responding, so I figured maybe you can try these methods and let us know if they work for you.
Thanks.
jason jason
Apprentice

Postby Tony » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 am

@jason
1. Get a tank big enough to set the print plate in and let is soak in alcohol for about 20 min.
Pry up a corner first, let it soak. pry a little more let soak. repeat, repeat, repeat. Be patient.
2. Print on a brim.
3. Try to print off center, My printer doesn't stick as much back left as you are looking at the machine.
Tony
Apprentice

Postby Herb » Mon May 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Matt from XYZ recommended a #18 X-Acto knife, and I've found this works very well.
Herb
Apprentice

Return to Nobel Series