types of materials are available for 3D printing

General 3D printing related questions, post here!

types of materials are available for 3D printing

Postby 3dtech » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm

To answer your general question, you can make objects using a few types of plastic (ABS, PLA, nylon, etc.), metals (titanium, silver, steel, etc.), and other materials like ceramics and even rubber-like substances. Keep in mind that different materials require different manufacturing methods as well. 3d printing mumbai ,Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh,maharashtra,pune,telangana india

In response to your idea: If you plan to make a lot of this product without variation it may be more economical to use a more traditional manufacturing method.

If you don't plan to make too many items, or want to customize them, or just want to test it out with a prototype, there are many ways you can get this done.

FDM/FFF - Plastics (ABS, PLA, PVA)

SLA - Photopolymer resins

Laminate - Paper
Inkjet - Plasters, Photopolymer resins

SLS/SLM - Huge range of plastics and metals

I've seen inkjet printers print materials with a "rubber" consistency, so its definitely doable.

3D Printing is used for both prototyping and small run custom jobs (aerospace and high end auto are good examples of this). An example of "mass production" 3D Printing would be something like Invisalign teeth braces. It's not mass production in the traditional sense as each brace is custom fit for a single person, but they create thousands of these in a factory setting.
3dtech
Builder

Re: types of materials are available for 3D printing

Postby melodictweet » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

In response to your idea: If you plan to make a lot of this product without variation it may be more economical to use a more traditional manufacturing method.

geometry dash
melodictweet
New Arrival

Postby Anthony Jones » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Woww I never think that 3D printing can be made in these materials.
If you are not willing to risk the usual hotmail, you will have to settle for the ordinary gmail.
Anthony Jones
New Arrival

Postby alistar smith » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:56 am

I am happy to be here and this wonderful article. I have found here lots of interesting information for my knowledge I need.

Brother Printer Support
alistar smith
New Arrival

Return to General Questions